I now have all the books of the old testament printed in word strips and they are laminated. I have wall sized ones for display at all times and handout size for my daughter to work with.
They turned out quite nice. and you can see the first five books below.
My daughter has almost got the Scripture Mastery down and she understand the key points of it. I am going to record her on my IPhone voice memos app when she has it down pat and can explain it and I will e-mail it to the instructor who can sign her off for it. Since she can't write her responses in her seminary journal, I will record her answers and e-mail them as well.
We also went over the first Five books and I was surprised how quickly she was to repeat them as they are big words. I have been trying to find an upbeat but slow enough song for her to sign them to. I found a couple on YouTube but they are still pretty fast.
Here are the ones i found so far that I liked.
The last one I think will be the easiest for her to learn as it is slower and still quite catchy, but I personally like the second one best but even I could barely keep up with that one.
This morning we read the first actual Day 1 lesson. We read through together and she was able to answer a couple questions but most she wasn't able to. We learned some other names that referred to Jesus. She did not enjoy this. I remember years ago finding a printable of other names for Jesus using each letter of the alphabet. Wish I could find that again.
Feeling Blessed,
Tammy
No comments:
Post a Comment